Protecting your customers and demonstrating your commitment to a quality and consistent approach goes hand in hand with building quality New Homes, which is why the Consumer Code for New Homes offers a range of benefits to Registered Developers:
- Selling point to your customers: Since you are a Member of an industry-led, consumer-focused Code for selling New Homes which demonstrates a consistent and high-quality approach
- CML Compliant: Your New Homes can be sold with mortgages since the approach of the Consumer Code for New Homes is approved by a number of major high street lenders
- Insurable Properties: Ability to work with approved Warranty Bodies to provide structural warranties on New Homes which are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Regular inspection of New Homes during construction: Our Warranty Bodies commit to a minimum of four key stage inspections of all your plots
- Helping you protect your customer deposits: Monitoring arrangements for protecting the deposits paid by consumers during New Home purchase process
- Independent Dispute Resolution: You and your customers have access to a completely independent Dispute Resolution Scheme which provides a fast, effective and low-cost solution to helping you resolve disputes if you need it
- Pragmatic and consistent approach: To consumer protection with extensive experience in the New Home construction market
- Approved Code: The Consumer Code for New Homes has been approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute – it is now part of the Approved Codes Scheme
- Assured Advice from Trading Standards: The Code has entered a Primary Authority Partnership with Kent Trading Standards. As a Member of the Code, you will have access to standard template documents and assured advice
- Help & Support: Access to a range of useful tools and information accessed via our Members portal
How to become a Registered Member
To become a Registered Member of the Consumer Code for New Homes you also need to be registered and working with one of our Warranty Bodies.
If you want to chat through any aspect of becoming a Registered Member with us first, please don’t hesitate to contact us.